By default we only use the first (word) of the first name column of your FeedsyList, eg:
- "Mary" - "Mary" is displayed
- "Mary & John" - only "Mary" is displayed
- "Dr Mary" - only "Dr" is displayed
- "Mary Anne" - only "Mary" is displayed
The good news is that we can customise your list to display everything in the first name column, however you need to be aware of the following before you ask us to do this for you:
1. BirthdayMail messages will no longer work
BirthdayMail (automatic birthday messages) will not be suitable after making this change because only one birthday can be saved per email address. This would mean, for instance, that "Mary & John" would both receive the message on "Mary's" birthday but "John" would miss out.
2. Extra column needed for your FeedsyList
You will need to add a duplicate of the first name column in your spreadsheets for future imports and name it "Custom First Name".
Note: this does not work if you supply a single column with first and last name combined (ie a "Full Name" column).
If you need to adjust your Excel spreadsheet to get it looking like below, here are some tips:
3. Extra assigning of Custom First Name when importing future FeedsyLists
Don't worry, this is pretty easy. After you upload your file and assign "First Name", "Last Name" and "Email Address" fields (Belongs to...) you will also need to assign "Custom First Name" as well.